CW Winter Favorites
Choose your next getaway from one of our favorite 9 warm weather destinations. Immerse yourself in a guided walking adventure through Costa Rica's rainforests, explore the islands of Galápagos or journey deep on a cruise into the Amazon. Whatever you choose, we promise an unforgettable vacation.
- Argentina: Mendoza & Patagonia | guided walking: In this cosmopolitan country, you’ll intersperse invigorating walks in its most spectacular regions with over-the-top wining and dining. Trek past Andean summits, wander isolated lake beaches, ride a catamaran, visit archaeological sites, explore the fabled steppe, and dig into endless Argentine delicacies.
- Costa Rica: Southern Rainforest & Coast | guided walking: If you’re looking for a side of Costa Rica well off the beaten track, aim for these primeval wildernesses. Largely unvisited, they contain so many natural wonders that one is a UNESCO World Heritage site while National Geographic calls the other “the most biologically intense place on Earth.” Your travels take you from cool cloudforests at 10,000 feet to virgin coastal rainforests.
- Costa Rica: Northern Cloudforest & Volcanoes | guided walking: On this adventure, you'll walk through mist-shrouded mountain cloudforests and lowland rainforests teeming with wildlife and exotic plants. Explore coastal Carara National Park in search of scarlet macaws and scout for sloths, howler monkeys, brilliant butterflies, and vibrant birds on aerial cloudforest trails.
- Costa Rica: Rainforest to Cloudforest Duo | guided walking: From all its top natural wonders to a pura vida culture, this double adventure which pairs our Southern and Northern itineraries, offers the complete Costa Rican experience. Whether it's the mountains or the ocean, rainforests or local villages, you'll cover the country from bottom to top on trails less traveled. Call 800-464-9255 for more details.
- Ecuador: Galápagos Land-Based | guided walking: Your Galapagos walking adventure provides an opportunity to slow down and encounter the wildlife, landscape, and local residents up close. Start on Santa Cruz Island with days of reef snorkeling and treks to rarely visited areas sporting blue-footed boobies and giant iguanas. Soak in superb ocean sunsets from the balcony of your luxurious safari-style tent and enjoy chef-prepared meals.
- Ecuador: Galápagos Islands | small ship cruising: Board the Evolution and set sail for sun-dazzled days and relaxing nights of encounters with the infinite natural splendor of these storied islands. This 32-passanger small ship allows you a more intimate way to roam to Galapagos-and see more of them, too.
- Peru: Machu Picchu | guided walking: Few destinations on Earth are as legendary as Machu Picchu, yet your exploration of this hidden city in the clouds is just one highlight on a trip steeped in Peruvian magic. You'll visit at off-peak hours and take paths less traveled to steer away from the crowds.
- Peru: Amazon | small ship cruising: Earth's mightiest and most mysterious river is your home on an adventure into a breathtaking world of dolphins, giant otters, chattering tamarins, and hanging sloths. After a tour of historic Lima, say goodbye to the crowds and board Aquamarina, a classic riverboat able to navigate deep into Amazon reaches most travelers never see.
- California: Death Valley National Park | guided walking: Though its name is as fearsome as its reputation, Death Valley is a wonderful surprise. Here, America's most surreal landscape earns some remarkable superlatives: the largest national park outside Alaska, the lowest spot in the Western Hemisphere, and one of the driest environments on Earth.