Online Sales Specialist
Posted Oct 10, 2013
The Online Sales Specialist is a wide-ranging and important role bridging the marketing and sales teams and driving CW’s digital customer service to new heights. The primary focus for this position is to identify online sales opportunities, engage guests and online visitors via self-generated electronic communications and assist them through the sales process. Secondary, the candidate responds to guest inquiries over the phone and assists the sales team with ad hoc projects, which may include direct outreach via phone.
The Online Sales Specialist will champion micro-campaign opportunities and assume ownership of all electronic communications, write convincing copy, and ensure campaign quality control, all the way through to execution and interpreting the metrics.
The right candidate is Internet savvy, possesses superb written and verbal communication skills, above-average analytical skills, is customer-service obsessed, enjoys sales and has a strong passion for premium active and experiential travel.
If you are intrigued by this position, have initiative and drive to excel, and your background is in customer service, marketing, and/or consumer sales, please submit your cover letter, resume, and relevant samples of your excellent customer communications via email or online chat transcripts (anonymized if you prefer) to Emily.Jirout@PEAKadventuretravel.com.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Take ownership of and develop our online chat program. Assist visitors daily via incoming online chats and work with our third-party technology partner. Establish and update a best practice guide.
- Analyze user behavior through our online channels and suggest opportunities for engagement. Perform micro-segmentations, write copy for email and landing pages, and create campaigns using our marketing automation system to engage with guests and prospects.
- Create and manage a lead scoring system (with support from the Director of Digital Strategy).
- Backup answering and assisting with guest calls.
- Collaborate with the rest of the sales team with outbound calls and other projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum education requires a bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- Guest-centric attitude balanced with convincing phone skills are a must.
- Ability to write and edit email marketing copy.
- Attention to detail required, especially with proofreading.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Interest and initiative to study details about CW’s trips and destinations.
- Ability to efficiently learn and become a power user with email marketing platforms, CW’s booking system, online chat, and marketing automation tools.
- Ability to think strategically and work independently to plan and execute complex marketing communications and deliver against goals.
- Energetic and collaborative team player with the ability to motivate and educate others.
- Ability to perform data analysis and share key insights in a clear and concise way.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Experience with HTML and CSS, Adobe Photoshop, Google Analytics, testing and optimization desirable.
- Strong interest in active, healthy worldwide travel preferred.
Duties and responsibilities are generally performed in an office environment with a regular work schedule. Physical demands generally include frequent reaching and grasping, light to moderate lifting (10-20 lbs.), and light to moderate carrying. Mobility demands generally include continuous sitting and occasional standing. Sensory demands generally include keyboarding, computer terminal, and telephone operation.